This weekend my son was invited to his friend’s second birthday party – he definitely had an awesome time at her ‘Bubble Guppies’ themed do and enjoyed playing with a whole new set of toys.
I made a very simple card for her birthday – making something ‘child friendly’ (especially so young) was new to me, but I figured it would be a fun challenge. I am trying to challenge myself to a card a week!
Tool kit (all available from my Stamping’ Up! store):
- Designer series paper (DSP; I used the retired ‘Story Time’, but can definitely recommend English Garden as a current alternative) – Select two different sheets
- Card stock in two colors from your chosen DSP – I used Daffodil Delight and Pool Party
Ribbon in one of your chosen colors – Daffodil Delight in this case.
- Ink pad in one color (here Pool Party)
- Staz on Ink pad in black
- Stars Framelit Dies
- Little buddy birthday (retired; try No Bones About It or Zoo Babies)
- Itty Bitty Banner Framelits
- Pearl Basic Jewels
Again, super easy assembly, all you need to know is that my two pieces of DSP were cut at 4.5″x1.5″ and 3.5″x1.5″; and the DSP was cut at 1/2″ bigger all around (5″x2″ for one piece; 4″x2″ for another).
The basic card is, as usual 8.5″x11″ paper, cut in half (8.5″ x 5.5″) and folded at 4.25″ – final card size 4.25″ x 5.5″.
As ever, if you don’t want to make it, you can always pick it up from my Etsy store.
Now, I although I followed my last goal and went for more color, I still need to break away from 2 dominant colors… next time perhaps.